- Picoides obsoletus (Brown-backed Woodpecker)
- Picoides mixtus (Checkered Woodpecker)
- Picoides lignarius (Striped Woodpecker)
- Picoides scalaris (Ladder-backed Woodpecker)
- Picoides nuttallii (Nuttall's Woodpecker)
- Picoides pubescens (Downy Woodpecker)
- Picoides villosus (Hairy Woodpecker)
- Picoides arizonae (Arizona Woodpecker)
- Picoides stricklandi (Strickland's Woodpecker)
- Picoides borealis (Red-cockaded Woodpecker)
- Picoides albolarvatus (White-headed Woodpecker)
- Picoides tridactylus (Eurasian Three-toed Woodpecker)
- Picoides dorsalis (American Three-toed Woodpecker)
- Picoides arcticus (Black-backed Woodpecker)
Weibel, A. C. & Moore, W. S. 2002. Molecular phylogeny of a cosmopolitan group of woodpeckers (Genus Picoides) based on COI and cyt b mitochondrial gene sequences. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 22:65–75.
Weibel, A. C. and Moore, W. S. 2002. A test of a mitochondrial gene-based phylogeny of woodpeckers (genus Picoides) using an independent nuclear gene, beta-fibrinogen intron 7. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 22:247–257.
About This Page
Page copyright © 2008
Page: Tree of Life Picoides. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 27 June 2008
- Content changed 27 June 2008
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2008. Picoides. Version 27 June 2008 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Picoides/93563/2008.06.27 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/