Quammen, D. 1996. The Song of the Dodo: Island Biogeography in an Age of Extinction. Touchstone, New York.
Shapiro, B., D. Sibthorpe, A. Rambaut, J. Austin, G. M. Wragg, O. R. Bininda-Emonds, P. L. Lee, and A. Cooper. 2002. Flight of the dodo. Science 295(5560):1683.
Temple, S. A. 1977. Plant-animal mutualism: coevolution with Dodo leads to near extinction of plant. Science 197(4306):885-886.
Witmer, M. C. and A. S. Cheke. 1991. The dodo and the tambalacoque tree: an obligate mutualism reconsidered. Oikos 61(1):133-137.
Information on the Internet
- Rare dodo remains discovered in Mauritius. Natural History Museum, London.
- Dodo skeleton find in Mauritius. BBC News.
- DNA yields dodo family secrets. BBC News.
- Scientists pinpoint dodo's demise. BBC News.
- The Dodo - The merging of myth and reality. Julian Hume, Natural History Museum, London.
- Raphus cucullatus. Animal Diversity Web.
- The Tragedy of the Dodo. David Reilly.
About This Page
Page copyright © 2008
Page: Tree of Life Raphus cucullatus. The Dodo. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 04 March 2008
- Content changed 04 March 2008
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2008. Raphus cucullatus. The Dodo. Version 04 March 2008 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Raphus_cucullatus/108452/2008.03.04 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/